LITTLE ROCK, Ark. — An ExxonMobil pipeline that ruptured last month and spilled thousands of barrels of oil in central Arkansas has a gash in it that is 22 feet long and 2 inches wide, state Attorney General Dustin McDaniel said Wednesday. Original post on huffingtonpost.com Comments on reddit.com
A team of Japanese researchers has achieved something incredible: they’ve captured, for the first time ever, a movie which shows how thoughts form in the brain. Original post on gizmodo.com Comments on reddit.com
New research suggests black holes may not grow at the same rate as their galaxies. Original post on australiangeographic.com Comments on reddit.com
Breakthrough could lead to improvements in treatment of brain-damaged patients who cannot move or speak Original post on guardian.co.uk Comments on reddit.com
From Yahoo! News: HOUSTON — A warp drive to achieve faster-than-light travel — a concept popularized in television’s Star Trek — may not be as unrealistic as once thought, scientists say.
Original post on yahoo.com Comments on reddit.com
For the past decade, scientists have been working on the assumption that 20,000 genes, less than 2 percent of the total genome, underpin human biology. But a massive international project called ENCODE has just revealed that plenty of the remaining 98 percent, once tossed aside as Original post on gizmodo.com Comments on reddit.com
Posted in News, Via Reddit |
Tagged abuse, anorexia, case, christ, depression, legion, migraine, nun, program, school, thought, vatican, woman |
Astronomers have spotted one of the rarest and most extreme galaxy clusters in the universe and, behind it, an object that shouldn’t exist.
Original post on wired.com Comments on reddit.com
A new research suggests that keeping away from tendency to brood even for a small amount of time will help you to increase problem-solving ability.
Original post on medicaldaily.com Comments on reddit.com
People’s pre-existing religious beliefs determine how they’re respond to thoughts of their own death.
Original post on livescience.com Comments on digg.com
The good news: scientists have discovered that
Original post on gizmodo.com Comments on digg.com
Let’s go back to 1957. A woman’s best friend is her kitchen and her hottest new fashion accessory is an apron. She need not worry about her own silly hopes
Original post on koldcast.tv Comments on digg.com
So, we’ve shot down SOPA and PIPA. Congratulations Internets for a job well done. Mission accomplished, right? Not so much. While that’s two bad pieces of legislation pushed…
Original post on readwriteweb.com Comments on reddit.com
Posted in Technology, Via Reddit |
Tagged agreement, bad, committee, counterfeit, drug, law, note, reason, thought, treaty |
(PhysOrg.com) — Two scientists from the French National Centre for Scientific Research in Paris have built a computer model that simulates the atmosphere on Titan, one of Saturn’s sixty two moons, and as a result now believe that Titan has two different atmospheric boundary layers, the lower…